Translate

Sunday 20 May 2012

Finlaystone Country Park Event

Ah Sunday night,

What an amazingly gorgeous day!!  I spent day two up at Finlaystone Country Estate, a very very beautiful unspoilt part of countryside with oodles for the kids to do.

I spent the morning quietly crocheting listening to the birds, the wind in the trees and the small river running by.  This tranquillity was only broken by the sounds of laughter and shouts of delight as as they jumped out of cars dressed up, swords, earrings and all.  Today it was "shiver me timbers" Pirate Day and it was mobbed!!

The children and some of their parents came suitably dressed to take part in a treasure hunt which was organised to a tee by the Rangers, who were also dressed as pirates and had the pirate growl so perfect it was scary, there was the occasional young pirate who didn't like the scary men but then the young ones are a bit like that even with Santa, this made me giggle as they are just so good with the children.  The kids loved having to read the clues and work their way around the park collecting the letters to make up the word. 

If that wasn't enough a local children's drama group did their very own adaptation of Peter Pan, complete with Tinkerbell & the Lost Boys, it was just fab.  Show after show they had loads of laughs and applause, their costumes were great and their lines perfect.

My little stall was quiet but I did give out a few business cards and hope that I may have some contact through the website.  I don't think people come to a family day out like that to shop and to be completely honest I didn't really mind at all, gorgeous weather, fresh air, tranquil birdsong all topped off with Peter Pan and a whole bunch of Pirates, it was a great wee day.

Next Sunday its Teddy Bears & Dolls Tea Party, all you need is a teddy bear or a dolly and you can toddle along for what I could only imagine will be another fantastic day out. 

If you are in the area I highly recommend a visit, bring the kids, bring the dogs, a picnic and just settle in for the day.  There are ponds, waterfalls, loads of fantastic walks and much much more.  Visit the website for details of whats on this summer, you wont be disappointed http://www.finlaystone.co.uk/ 






Above this weekends set up and below some of the sights near the visitor centre;







Below are a few pics of the guys doing peter pan, if you look hard enough you can also see a couple of the Pirate Rangers;


Pirate Day
You can see one of the Rangers here in his fab get-up
Another Ranger with his head-dress
Peter Pan & Michael



Tinkerbell & the lost boys
Everyone gathered to watch the play

Well that's me for the night, time to hit the hay and dream of what I am going to get up to next week.  My double-sided tape is here so I could carry on with my thrifty crafting......................maybe.  I also have to start to get myself fit again and lose some of this excess weight!! I am going to attempt to walk it off and start eating the the rabbit food, my 5-a-day, I know its a wee bitty late for this summer but hopefully next summer I could get the shorts out :o)

Sweetdreams everyone,

Amanda x



No comments:

Post a Comment