Translate

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Our Garden & A Crochet Wire Bracelet

Hey Everyone

Not much crafting being done here just now with the weather being as gorgeous as it has been.  I have been tending to my garden all day for a wee change.  Just general tidying up, taking up all the tulip bulbs to wrap for next year and getting the stuff together for my other half to plant the rest of the sunflowers and marigolds that we grew in the greenhouse.  It is amazing this year, every single seed we have planted has grown, so we have hundreds of everything!!

This is a top money saving tip if your into growing your own anything, polystyrene cups, they are much much cheaper than the proper wee plastic tubs, maybe a couple of pounds for a hundred and are re-usable year after year.  We are on year two with ours and we have just emptied them and popped them back in the greenhouse for next year, just remember to pop a wee hole in the bottom before you use them.

These are this years sunflowers, they are about a foot and a half now, really tall, as they have just been planted out I really hope that we don't have any windy storms or heavy rain for a little while!!


Last years Marigolds and 8 foot high sunflowers, they were awesome!!
Another thing we have loads of is strawberries, on the table below are just a few of the shoots that the big plants produced last year;



We have planted these up in baskets for the fence this year rather than pots on the ground as we still have the last couple of years worth potted aswell!! On the fence alone we have around 150 plus plants and are hoping for a really good continuous crop this year.  I am thinking face scrubs and soaps and allsorts for the business, oh and maybe some strawberries and cold cream for my tummy!!


The cherry tree is also coming along fab, this is a wee picture of a proper hunni-bee in the garden on a sunny day at the end of last month.  I really like the picture;


So now I am back in the house and think I am just going to do a little bit of crochet, not with wool though.  During January I tried to crochet with wire and made a bracelet.  It was a bit fiddly but I am going to give it another go and see how I get on.  I have quite a few small glass seed beads in loads of different colours.

This is the one that I completed;



I didn't follow any guidelines or instructions or anything but I thought that anyone new to the art of crochet may want to follow a guide so after having a wee look on the web, I found this very helpful craft site.  Its not just for crochet, there are loads of different wee crafts on there to try out, stuff for the kids aswell;


Have a lovely night everyone

Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment