Translate

Monday 15 October 2012

ATC - Celtic Heart Knots

Happy Monday!!
 
I don't know about you but that was the quickest weekend ever!!! the weeks are just flying by and I have seen some Christmas decorations out in the shops already, it will be here before we know it.
 
So continuing from yesterday, here is part two of the "Celtic" theme I was given.  I moved away from the football and onto the more traditional meaning of the word and tried my hand at knotting.  This was fab and I learned a new technique that can be used in Jewellery as well!!
 
To make a heart knot you can follow the video that I used on You Tube, which I have now discovered is not just for silly things and is actually such a great source of information for almost everything - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yo5nSXND5o

I have used stamps coloured with watercolour pencils. Both cards were punched and have eyelets attached for strength and the heart knot has been used to attache both cards together using jump rings.

This is just showing the raised stamp, used foam pads but should have used 3D glue, a learn for next time!!

This card has been hand drawn, coloured with metallic water colour pencils & finally coated with a couple of layers of glitter embossing powder, the words are the meaning behind the actual knot.

A Celtic Heart Knot made from cord, the ends were tied with pink wire so that I could attach jump rings, created using the You Tube Video (link above).
The finished ATC connected together with the knot.

Have a lovely week everyone.

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment