Translate

Monday 8 October 2012

ATC - Elf Princess

Hello Peeps,

Can you believe it is Monday already? where does the time go?

I am loving my new job role with Debenhams, what a fantastic team I have settled into to.  Those that know me will say "yip, but Amanda you love everyone" and yes that is the case but genuinely really like my new team so much and what a difference that make getting up for work even at 5am!!

The downside to being back working is that I am shattered, early rise and early to bed and actually sleeping instead of getting up through the night to do something along the crafty lines.  I have been introduced to ATC's and I am now an addict.  Little pieces of artwork that take absolutely no time at all but still have all the love and care of a big piece of work or a card that you have lovingly designed and popped together. 

The ones I have been doing are only 2.5 x 3.5 inches, and when I was given the measurements I did not realise the actual size until I cut my first piece.  Some of the ATC's that I have seen have been so so detailed and the skill involved in that is only something that I could dream of, it will take some time to get used to working on this scale.  The appeal to me is its just a tiny canvas and can be filled really quickly and so satisfying.

This is my very first one.  I used a "Learn to Draw Fantasy" book written by Steve Beaumont, the outcome wasn't perfect as my pencil was not sharp enough for the size that I was drawing - lesson learned for my next attempt.  Great results though from my first try so I would really recommend this to anyone who was looking to teach themselves to draw and can be picked up at really reasonable prices from Amazon.


I am really happy with it as its the first thing i have actually drawn in a while.  It was drawn on watercolour paper/card using a 2B pencil and the background is coloured with two different shades of blue metallic watercolour pencils as i cannot actually find my normal watercolour pencils, they are in the crafty hole someplace.  I have then put on two layers of Stampendous clear embossing powder.

Since the above photo was taken I have popped it into the freezer, then cracked the embossing to give a lovely tile type effect.  To make the cracks more defined, I scribbled on a piece of paper, rubbed my finger over it and then onto the top so that the lead went into the cracks.  I was not to 100% happy with the effect so I then put on another layer of embossing powder and this all bubbled which was great and I just popped these creating a pitted effect just around the edges but down to the actual paper.  Looks much more like I imagined I wanted it to look, you can also see the extra lead that was put on has formed a pooling type effect throughout and I just love it, probably will never be able to create this effect again but I am going to try!!


Well that's me for today, hope you all have a fantastic week.

Much love

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment