Translate

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Tag - Zentangle Dreams

Happy Hump Day, its all down hill to the weekend now!!
 
Its also half way through the month of October already and aren't the trees just looking stunning, love all the golden yellows, reds and browns.  Love love love this time of year!
 
So as promised here is the second of my Zentangle tags which I have named "Zentangle Dreams".

I used and old cereal box as my base for this and then background has been done with a black graphics pen, pink fineliner, silver fineliner, some lovely sparkly gems and a think layer of embossing powder. The butterfly has been done using a black graphics pen, pink glitter, silver fineliner, pink wire & beads. the basic outlines were drawn and then just filled in with patterns giving the Zentangle effect (although please look up this actual technique as I think mine is more like doodling lol)

A close up of the distressed edge of the word tag which was done using a Quickie glue pen, some fine pink glitter.

A close up of the butterfly with its jewel body and wire detail just done using thin nose jewellery pliers and a couple of pink glass seed beads. This and the name tag were attached using 3D glue gel.

The theme for the Postcards is "Golden Brown" and you think with all the lovely colours about at the moment this would have been the easiest to do but I really struggled to make something using this as I didn't want to go with the obvious which would have been a lovely autumnal scene or a leafy decoupage or something similar.  I will be posting my first creation tomorrow so come back to see what my interpretation has been.
 
Happy Crafting friends,
 
Amanda xx


No comments:

Post a Comment