Translate

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Vespa Santa MOD Card

Happy Hump Day, all downhill to the weekend now!!
 
Another quick post to show the card that I made using an image that I downloaded from a colouring site.  I was asked to do a Christmas card for a man who loves Vespa's and although I have a small scooter stamp I found it difficult to find a large stamp that I could incorporate into Christmas when I came across this page.  I have used the Image with permission of © Elizabeth O. Dulemba, Children's Book Author/Illustrator, please visit www.dulemba.com to learn more and download this page or other colouring pages.  She is a very talented lady.
 
So for this card I downloaded and used Elizabeth's Vespa Santa Image, an 8x8 shaped card blank, A4 piece of Kanban embossed paper, A4 sheet of red holographic card, Promarkers, Sakura coloured glitter gel pens, Sakura clear glaze pen, peel-offs, Tonic snowflake cutter, iridescent glitter, Quickie glue pen, clear gems, pale blue chalk pad, 3D Collall glue gel, double sided tape & foam pads.

So to start I stamped snowflakes with the pale blue chalk pad and then inked around the edges, I wanted the actual layers to be in the same colour as the MOD Target.  The next layer was a circle cut out of the Kanban embossed opalescent white paper and I used the Quickie glue pen to draw a circle around the outside and covered in iridescent glitter to give a little sparkle.  The final layer was cut out of red holographic card, then stamped randomly using the scooter stamp and covered in red glitter to highlight.  These were all layered using double sided tape and the image was added with foam pads.  The snowflakes were all cut out of the leftover paper using a Tonic snowflake stamp, these were layered up and the clear gems added with 3D Collall Glue Gel just to give some dimension.  The sentiment was made up of silver peel-offs and added to the card with foam pads.

This is just a wee close up of the image itself which was coloured with Promarkers and then highlighted with Sakura coloured glitter pens, Sakura clear glaze gel pen and then iridescent glitter was added after highlighting the small areas with a Quickie glue pen just so that it kept the detail of the image.

The insert was just a piece of Kanban embossed opalescent snowflake paper cut in a circle then inked around the edges with a pale blue chalk pad and stamped the sentiment in the same icy colour.

I couldn't not do a little something on the envelope as I never really get much of a chance to use my scooter stamp, so I used my rock-a-block to stamp the image and then used 3D Collall glue to pop on some left over snowflakes & gems.
Well, work going well and enjoying being out of the house.  Hope you are all well and getting your Christmas crafting all sorted.

Much Love

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment