Translate

Friday 19 October 2012

Postcard - More Golden than Brown

Happy Friday!!
 
I do hope everyone has some plans for the weekend and would love to hear if you are up to anything crafty?  I am planning on spending some time playing with my new Spectrum Noirs.  I have Promarkers so it will be great to compare and see which I like best.  I love the idea that the Spectrum's are refillable and that the nibs can be replaced, hoping that that will keep the cost down for crafting in the future.
 
So this is the second Postcard with the theme "Golden Brown".  I used a digistamp from Shutterstock, they have loads of photos, illustrations etc and are fabulous if you just need something different from what you have in your stash or stamping range - http://www.shutterstock.com/


As I said this didn't quite turn out the way I thought so this is named "more golden than brown" lol. Pretty simple one really, just a digistamp coloured with watercolour pencils, a quickie glue pen to draw the fishes on the background and then covered with gold glitter and a black fineliner to draw the paw prints, and again the glue pen to do all the highlights with the glitter. I also used a glaze pen for the bubbles a little bit of shine
This just shows the dimension created by distressing the edges and curling the corners then attaching the topper with 3D glue gel. I have inked all the edges with a gold ink pad just to finish.
Well that's me for just now, I have two cards to create over the weekend.  I still have that 40th one for my Other Half's Sister to do and one for a lovely crafty lady so it will have to be perfect and I haven't a clue where to start for either - wish me luck!!
 
Have a great weekend everyone.
 
Much love
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment