Translate

Monday 1 October 2012

Westie Mum Card using Paws for Thought CD

Hi Everyone
 
Something just a little bit different from Christmas.  This is card that I put together for my other half's Mum's birthday.
 
For this card I used an 8x8 White Hunkydory Card Blank, Cupcake Crafting's Paws For Thought CD, an A4 sheet of Rainbow Mirri Card, Sakura Clear Glaze Pens & Glitter Pens, silver corner peel-offs, navy adhesive pearls, PVA glue, double sided tape and foam pads.

I printed out the backing paper, sentiment & topper from the Cupcake Crafting CD, cut the backing paper to 7 3/4 x7 3/4,  attached to the card using double sided tape and added a couple of silver corner peel-offs to give a more finished look.  I layered the topper and the personalised sentiment onto Rainbow Mirri Card and attached to the card using foam pads.  The flowers were also on the topper sheet, I cut these out, shaped them using a Pokey Tool, added adhesive pearls to the centre and used a blue Sakura Glitter Gel Pen to pick out some of the petal details.  These were added to the card using PVA glue so they could be moved about and positioned exactly where I wanted them.

I spent some time cutting the topper out as needed to be decoupaged.  This was a twisted topper and so layered up using foam pads to give a little dimension.  To give the dog a wet nose and mouth I used the Sakura Clear Glaze, then used the Sakura Coloured Glitter Gel Pens in co-ordinating colours to pick out some of the details of the flowers, bird and clear glitter to pick out some of the dogs coat features, gives a lovely sparkle to the card.

Co-ordinating insert with a personalised poem printed from the CD in the exact size that I needed so no wastage and such a professional finish.

CD crafting does get alot of bad press but I love how the cards can be personalised specifically to the person you are making them for and done right no two cards would ever be the same.  It is such great value for money as you only every print what you need and you don't have bits of other kits lying around, oh and if you do have bits of kit lying around you can print out new backing papers to match.  I am a total convert and will never buy another paper pack, I will always wait for a CD to come out as it is usually inevitable that that will be the case.
 
If you haven't yet given it a go, please do, I call them my online catalogues and can find something for everyone!

Happy Crafting!!

Amanda x


No comments:

Post a Comment