Translate

Friday 12 October 2012

Sister Card using Nigel May's All Kinds of Everything CD

Hello All,

Just a quick post to show a card that has been put together for my other half's Sister before I realised it was her 40th this year.  So now this one goes into stock and I need to go back to the drawing board as this is just a wee card and need to be a bit more special. 
 
For this card I used an A5 White Hunkydory Card Blank, Nigel May's "All Kinds of Everything" CD, an A4 sheet of Gold Mirri Card, lemon satin ribbon, a bow maker, gold peel-offs, double sided tape, red line tape and foam pads.

The topper, insert & backing papers were all printed from the CD in matching colours so that I had everything co-ordinating.  I cut and layered a piece of the backing paper on Gold Mirri Card and did the same with the topper.  Before attaching the backing papers to the card blank with double sided tape, attached a strip of red line tape along the bottom, pinched and stuck down the ribbon leaving a flat bit in the centre to add the double bow which was made perfectly using the bow make on the Ultimate Pro from Crafter's Companion.  The topper was attached to the card using foam pads.

The topper took a little while to cut out as there are a few layers but it was worth the effort as is lovely all finished.  I used tiny foam pads to layer up and on the final butterfly I left one of the wings free to let it stand up a bit more.

The insert was left blank when I printed it as I couldn't find a poem that I liked that wsnt to soppy!! Instead I simply added gold peel-offs and added a butterfly using foam pads, it finishes the inside off lovely with a tiny bit of dimention.

Hope you are all well and crafting lots!

Much love

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment