Translate

Thursday 18 October 2012

Postcard - The Stranglers "Golden Brown"

Good Morning
 
Just a quick post to show you the first of two postcards with the theme "Golden Brown".  I am quite pleased with this one as I love music and it was lovely to be able to put this together from images that I could import into Serif Craft Artist Professional and edit to the size and colours that I required.  It also shows that CD crafting is not a flat and unthoughtful way of crafting.  I was able to use tea to dye the elements of my page, a distressing tool & embossing powder to produce a postcard with multiple layers and texture.
 
The song itself can be found on you tube if you fancy a listen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7R7q1lSZfs


I designed and printed a music backing paper, golden brown song sheet and record cover, I then distressed all the edges and scrunched before staining with tea to age, drying and ironing flat again. The record cover was then embossed to give some texture. I wrote out the lyrics as a final layer
All the layers have been attached with either red line tape or 3D glue gel giving some height and the layered effect.
Well that's all for me today, have fun whatever you are up to.

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment